Monday, November 19, 2012
Wyatt's birth story
Wyatt Kenneth Newell finally made his debut on November 8th at 2:04 am. I was 41 weeks when my doctor and I decided that I should get induced because I was still at 1/2 a centimeter. Mind you, I was 1/2 a centimeter for about 4 weeks now, and was still having no contractions. (The little guy just didn't want to come out) So anyways, I went into the hospital at 11 pm on Tuesday evening to get inducded and around 6 am I was only 1 centimeter! Yes it was a very long and slow labor. At about 2 pm on Wednesday my body started producing contactions on its own and I was at 5 centimeters so I got the ok to get the epidural. I was on cloud nine after that! Finally around 10 p.m. my doctor told me that I was 10 centimeters. I thought great, I can have him before midnight...but no that wasn't the case! I started pushing and it took me 2 1/2 hours! Yes it took me that long! As I was pushing the nurses started noticing that his heart rate would dip every time I pushed, so they brought in the Neo-Natal people to help keep an eye on it. As time progressed, things weren't getting any better, so the doctor told me I had two choices....at this point I thought they were going to tell me that I needed a c-section...thankfully I didn't! The doctor told me that I could push for about another 10-15 min and he would come out, or they could use a vacumm and get him out in the next push. Ken and I decided to have them use the vacumm because I was just done at that point! Wyatt came out on the next push and he was just so beautiful! He was 8 lbs, 4 oz and 20 inches long. We are just in love with our little guy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment